Expat-to-Expat is looking for:
Parttime/ Consultancy basis
Expat-to-expat is a full relocation service provider for expats, by expats, and assists expats during their relocation to and from Nairobi, Kenya. “For expat, by expats” means we build on personal experience , having been through the struggles that come with moving between countries. Over the years we have built up an extensive network among expats and Kenyan professionals. All these experiences and knowledge are now bundled, and readily available through Expat-to-Expat’s services. We take full care of an expat's relocation to Kenya. We work to make newcomers feel at home in Nairobi.
The company consists mainly of two departments:
1. cars departments – dealing with car importation, car brokering (selling anc buying customers) and car rental
2. relocations department – dealing with area orientation tours, temporary and permanent housing and school advice
Some other services are delegated/subcontracted.
More information about Expat-to-Expat: www.expat-to-expat.com
Expat-to-Expat is looking for a relocation consultant, who can assist newcomers with settling in in Nairobi.
- attend introduction meetings with newcomers
- provide general housing information
2. Area Orientation
- be the tour guide during area orientation tour through Nairobi
- identify and preselect suitable housing for clients, in close collaboration with real estate agents
- prepare concise info packages with the available options to share with the clients
- accompany clients when viewing pre-selected houses
- coordinate the follow-up: negotiations, lease contract and technical- and (optional) security assessments of the selected house/apartment.
The candidate should
1. have good knowledge of Nairobi and different residential areas popular with expats
2. have a (Kenyan) driving license and be comfortable driving in Nairobi
3. be good at communications, both verbal and online
4. be versatile/good at working with a computer (for email, internet, and picture editing)
Preferably, the candidate
5. is an expat/ foreigner or a Kenyan with significant working experience in an international setting
6. preferably the candidate is citizen or permanent resident or else has a valid a work permit [NB since this is consultancy/part-time job, the employer will not be in a position to obtain a work permit for you.]
What we offer
You will work in a very independent position in an interesting international environment. This position is a flexible parttime position with potential to expand hours to fulltime in busier periods. Compensation is commission based and is dependent on the number of clients.
More information and application: firstname.lastname@example.org
None. Open until filled.
- Boutique hotel
- 9 rooms; including cottages and sea view rooms
- Based right on Diani Beach
- Lovely large swimming pool
- Home cooking in the bright dining room with fans
- Nice relaxing bar area with TV
- Air conditioning in the rooms
- TVs in some rooms
- Large bathrooms
From 6,000 Kshs/night per person, half board
More info or bookings: email@example.com
- advertisement -
Would you like to get personal relocation advice from us, but you do not see the need to hand over all the work to us, or you do not have the budget for full fledged house search and settling in assistance? Then we may just have the right option for you: we provide a personal online help desk service to answer all kinds of practical questions you may have about moving to and living in Nairobi.
Many people who are planning to move to Nairobi know Kenya as a great tourist destination. However, Kenya is more than that. With a population of around 3 million people, Nairobi is among the largest cities in Africa and one of the most important cities in Africa financially and economically.
Mid-term is around the corner!
Below is a list of activities and short trips, enough ideas to consider for a morning or afternoon of fun. Feel free to leave suggestions using the comment field below.
FUN and PLAY
- Jolly Roger Theme Park
Playground, bouncing castles, small restaurant/ bar - relax with a drink while your children play. Location: Next to Mamba Village Langata North Road, Karen Estate
- Amani ya Juu (website)
Playground for the youngest, small restaurant/ bar - relax with a drink, snack or light lunch in the quiet garden while your children play. Nice souvenirs/ small presents for sale in the Amani ya juu shop. Location: Junction Riverside Drive/ Kileleshwa ring road, next to Prime Bank, Kileleshwa Estate
- Splash Water World
Swimming pool. Location: Langata Road, next to Carnivore Restaurant
Moving to Kenya has its share of challenges (even being a returning Kenyan!) when looking at locating a house, school for children and a car, among others. Normally new residents plan before hand depending on the nature of posting but acquiring some network or contacts to people for orientation purposes could come in handy.
We were looking to buy a car within a week’s time of arrival and happened to hear that Mr. Joep was the right person to contact. A week later we got a car to our liking and even managed to have most of the documentation done, including insurance. It was a relief to get the car so fast bearing in mind how long and cumbersome the procedure normally takes, not to mention a likely event of being conned. Mr. Joep’s commitment is one of utter honesty and modesty, meeting him made our start much easier and we felt welcomed.
There are many agents and brokers out there that cannot be trusted which is why we decided to deal with Mr. Joep. The time he dedicates to his clients is well managed considering he’s also a father of three children. He is very professional in his work, knowledgeable and at the same time has a pleasant personality.
At this juncture, we would like to thank Joep for helping us and we further wish him the best as he continues to make new residents feel at home. We can recommend using his car-broker and relocation services to the fullest to any newcomer.
Hanneke and Victor (September 29 2011)
Posted by Expat-to-Expat on behalf of Hanneke and Victor
When trying to get an idea of your new environment and to select a residential area you would wish to live for the next couple of years, a great number of questions will arise. We will help you answer these questions during our area orientation tour through Nairobi, and will give you as much information as you need to get an idea of your new home town.